BALDO'S SOURCES OF IPM INFORMATION
GENERAL REFENCE BOOKS
- Darr, Sheila, Helga Olkowski, and William Olkowski. 1991. Common-Sense Pest Control. Newtown, CT: Taunton Press.
- Mary Louise Flint. 1990. Pest of the Garden and Small Farm: A Grower's Guide to using less Pesticide. 288 pp. softcover. ANR183. Cost: $25.00.
- Ellis, Barbara W. and Fern Marshall Bradley. 1992. The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control -- A Complete Problem-Solving Guide to Keeping your Garden & Yard Healthy without Chemicals. Rodale Press, Emmaus, PA. 534p.
- Horst, Kenneth R. 1983. Compendium of Rose Diseases. The American Phytophathological Society, St. Paul, MN. 50pp.
- Borrer, Donald J. and Richard E. White. 1970. A Field Guide to the Insects of America North of Mexico. The Peterson Field Guide Series. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co.
- Davidson, Ralph H., and William F. Lyon. 1987. Insect Pests of Farm, Garden, and Orchard. 8th ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons. 640p.
- Essig, E. O. 1947. Insects of Western North America. New York: The MacMillan Company. 1035 p.
- Johnson, Warren T., and Howard H. Lyon. 1988. Insects that Feed on Trees and Shrubs. 2nd ed. N.Y.: Cornell University Press.
- Mary Louise Flint. Pest of the Garden & Small Farm: A Grower's Guide to using less Pesticide. University of California, ANR Publication #3332. 276p.
- Sinclair, Wayne A., Howard H. Lyon, and Warren T. Johnson. 1987. Diseases of Trees and Shrubs. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University Press.
- Solomon, J. D. 1995. Guide to Insect Borers of North American Broadleaf Trees and Shrubs. Agric. Handbook #706. Washington DC: USDA Forest Service. 735p.
- Westcott, Cynthia. 1946. The Gardener's Bug Book -- 1,000 Insect Pests and Their Control. Garden City. N.Y. , The American Garden Guild, Inc. and Doubleday & Company, Inc. 590p.
- Westcott, Cynthia. 1990. Westcott's Plant Disease Handbook. 5th ed., rev. by R. Kenneth Horst. N.Y. , Van Nostrand Reinhold Co.
- Yepsen, Jr., Roger B. 1966. Organic Plant Protection -- A Comprehensive Reference on Controlling Insects and Diseases in the Garden, Orchard and Yard without Using Chemicals. Rodale Press, Inc. Emmaus, PA. 688p.
PERIODICALS ON IPM METHODS AND INFORMATION
- Common Sense Pest Control Quarterly, Bio-Integral Resource Center (BIRC), P.O. Box 7414, Berkeley, CA 94707.
- The IPM Practitioner, Bio-Integral Resource Center (BIRC), P.O. Box 7414, Berkeley, CA 94707.
SOME SOURCES FOR BOOKS
- AgAccess, P. O. Box 2008, Davis, CA 95617. The store is located at: 603 Fourth St., Davis, CA 95616. AgAccess is book dealer especializing in agricultural and horticultural books. Owner and publisher, David Katz Orders and Inquiries (916) 756-7177; FAX (916) 756-7188
- University of California Publications -- Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of California, 6701 San Pablo Av., Oakland, CA 94608.
- The American Phytopathological Society, 3340 Pilot Knob Road, St. Paul, MN 55121.
If you have any questions or constructive comments, I would love to hear from
you, please send e-mail to Baldo
[ Home ]
[ Rose Pests Master List]
[ Rose Diseases ]
[ Insect, Mites, and other
Animal Pests ] [ Abiotic
Rose Problems ]
[ Weed Pests ] [ Hawaii
Pests ] [ The Good
Guys ] [ Help! Rose IPM
] [ Horticulture Links
Copyright© 1995-2002 by Baldo
Last updated: June 1, 2002